Lifeline and Link-Up for Dixie-Net Customers in Mississippi
- How much can I save on my phone bill?
- You can save up to $8.25 for your basic monthly bill. These benefits apply to your local telephone service charges that you purchase as a flat rate service, measured service, or local service purchased as part of a bundled service. These benefits will also cover your subscriber line charge.
- How do I know if I'm eligible?
- You're eligible for Lifeline if you participate in any of the following programs:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Are there any restrictions?
- Lifeline can only be used for the main telephone line in your household. The name on your phone bill must match the name of the participant who is eligible in the program. You may purchase any service available to a non-Lifeline customer. However, the Lifeline credit is not available on lines in a multiple line local service package offering.
- How do I apply?
- To apply for Lifeline, call 800-918-9023 ext. 2120. You will be asked to provide proof of your eligibility by providing a copy of a document that verifies that you participate in any of the programs mentioned above. Your Lifeline benefits will take effect when proof of eligibility is received.
- How do I continue to receive Lifeline benefits?
Eligibility is reviewed periodically. Your benefits will be discontinued when you no longer meet eligibility requirements.
Link-Up helps households pay the installation charge for telephone service. This program pays some of the cost of installing local service in your home, but Link-Up does not cover the cost of wiring inside your home.
- How much will I save by using Link-Up?
- Link-Up will pay $30.00 of your installation charges.
- How do I know if I am eligible?
- If you qualify for Lifeline, you also qualify for Link-Up.
- Does Link-Up have any restrictions?
- It can only be used for the charges for activating main phone service or moving existing service to a new address. You must provide proof of eligibility before the service can be activated. Link-Up does not apply to activation charges paid prior to appl ication to the program.
- How do I apply for Link-Up?
- To apply for Link Up, call 800-918-9023 ext. 2120. You will be asked to provide proof of your eligibility by providing a copy of a document that verifies that you participate in any of the programs mentioned above. Your Lifeline benefits will take effect when proof of eligibility is received.
Being a Lifeline or Link-Up customer does not protect you from being disconnected if you fail to pay your telephone bill.